Indianapolis, IN 46241
Arcamed is committed to being a fast, responsive, and reliable provider of case and tray systems and precision machined products to orthopedic OEMs. We pride ourselves on upholding the highest of standards with both internal and external customers.
How can you be successful at Arcamed? Our relaxed culture thrives on self-starters who take the initiative and get the job done. If you feel confident that you can work every day with limited supervision and consistently exceed expectations, Arcamed could be the place for you!
Set-up and operate complex precision machining operations to exacting tolerances and specifications requiring a high level of skill and machining experience.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Revise programs and documents based on engineering changes; maintain program library
- Set-up and operate swiss lathes to perform machining operations on a variety of materials.
- Make all edits and off-sets as required to produce parts to print
- Operate more than one machine as required to print tolerance and specification.
- Coordinate with the Quality department to ensure parts comply with specifications.
- Inspect parts to verify conformance to specifications using a variety of gauges and micrometers
- Provide troubleshooting skills to problem-solve issues associated with program and parts
- Complete paperwork accurately following good documentation practices
- Work with continuous improvement in mindset and a constant feedback loop for machine efficiency
- Complete preventive maintenance procedures on equipment
- Maintain area, equipment, and tooling in a neat, orderly condition
- Observe all Company policies, rules, and regulations including good housekeeping, safety, and security
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum 3 years experience setting up and operating swiss lathes
- Proficient in first piece inspection, off-sets, and tool changes
- Citizen Swiss Lathe experience preferred but not required
- Experience machining parts with close tolerances