Indianapolis, IN 46241
Salary: $15.00 to $17.00 /hour
Arcamed is committed to being a fast, responsive, and reliable provider of case and tray systems and precision machined products to orthopedic OEMs. We pride ourselves on upholding the highest of standards with both internal and external customers.
How can you be successful at Arcamed? Our relaxed culture thrives on self-starters who take the initiative and get the job done. If you feel confident that you can work every day with limited supervision and consistently exceed expectations, Arcamed could be the place for you!
Fulfill an assortment of tasks. Previous Inventory and ERP experience is preferred, but not required. Be able to operate and use computers for transactions to inventory and jobs, operate various machinery to fabricate, process, assemble and deliver custom quality products, and kit jobs from B.O.M.’s.
Responsibilities and Duties
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Initiate Vendor / Supplier PO’s to fulfill inventory stock and job specific requirements
- Manage and accurately record inventory levels.
- Pack components to allow safe transfer of material from shop to supplier
- Receive materials from suppliers, verify operations complete, count, and move to next step in the production process
- Kitting of BOM to jobs.
- Follow and meet requirements of job order routing steps.
- Read, print, and prepare pick lists.
- Set and manage min / max levels of inventory.
- Transact materials, in/out of inventory or to jobs within the ERP system.
- Pre-processing of materials going into inventory (channel cut, degrease, clean, passivate, or deburr)
- Create shipping boxes, labels, and packing supplies
- Performs various other duties as assigned.
- Miscellaneous labor to assist and support manufacturing needs
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Computer experience preferred
- Mechanical aptitude preferred
- Ability to follow instructions on Job Traveler
- Ability to read manufacturing drawings
- Ability to handle up to 50 lbs. unassisted
- Familiarity with shipping via UPS, FedEx, DHL, Old Dominion, and International shipping is preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Microsoft Office experience required
- Willingness to learn all necessary processes, read routings, and sign off on daily tasks
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary to perform this job.
LANGUAGE SKILLS :
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, job orders, work instructions, and ability to learn basic print reading. Ability to write simple correspondence and create PO’s. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees in the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.