Indianapolis, IN 46241
Starting at: $75,000 / year
Arcamed is committed to being a fast, responsive, and reliable provider of case and tray systems and precision machined products to orthopedic OEMs. We pride ourselves on upholding the highest of standards with both internal and external customers.
How can you be successful at Arcamed? Our empowered culture thrives on self-starters who take the initiative and get the job done. If you feel confident that you can work every day with limited supervision and consistently exceed expectations, Arcamed could be the place for you!
The CNC Programmer is responsible for evaluating, providing DFM feedback, creating a manufacturing plan, and generating programs for active jobs.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to accomplish each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Evaluate jobs as they come in for manufacturability and work with the design team on design for manufacturability (DFM)
- Based on evaluation, create a successful process and manufacturing plan
- Generate program using Mastercam 2020
- Supply program and all appropriate setup information to Set-up Operator
- Work with Set-up Operator to optimize the program and minimize inefficiencies
- Support and troubleshoot any issue that may occur throughout the complete manufacturing process
- When necessary, aid in quality verification and difficult to check features
- Maintain Arcamed’s standard manufacturing processes
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum of Associates degree in Machining, Manufacturing, or related field OR 5 years of experience
- Vast experience working with multi-axis machining centers and other machine tools
- Working knowledge of all quality inspection tools including but not limited to comparators, calipers, micrometers, and CMM operation
- Vast working knowledge of cutting tools, speed and feeds, and machining strategy
- 2 – 3 years of experience using Mastercam (highly preferred) or similar software
- Ability to read blueprints with complex GD&T callouts
- Attention to detail and ability to follow documentation requirements
- Willingness to practice all safe machine operation and wear proper safety equipment when necessary
- Good knowledge of process flow and routings
- Willingness to adapt and desire to grow from other masters in the field